작성일
수정일
작성자
윤혜원
조회수

2018 미국 산호세 주립대학(SJSU) 교육 프로그램 후기(0713-0719)

[미국 산호세 주립대학(SJSU) 교육 프로그램]

1. 개요

가. 지원 목적

- 해외 교육프로그램 제공을 통한 해외 SW 기업 취업 활성화 및 글로벌 인재 양성

나. 모집인원 : 3, 4학년 16명

다. 지역: 미국 산호세 대학교

라. 교육기간: 3주 (2018년 7월 9일 ~ 7월 31일)

2. 교육내용: 비즈니스 영어, ICT 특강, 글로벌 기업 탐방, 글로벌 해커톤 대회 참석

3. 경비

가. 지원사항: 교육비, 숙식비 및 보험료 (약 5백만원 상당 지원)

나. 개인부담: 왕복 항공권 및 개인 비용

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018년 7월 13일

Today’s first class was presentation about the technology or application. So we had to prepare the presentation yesterday.

My subject of presentation was Dot watch. Give a short account of Dot watch, it is a watch for blind. They can read time, messages, any other texts and use even navigation! Because it is light and resonable price, very useful for blind.

It was a first time to present in English. Even though I prepared a lot, to explain something what I want to say was pretty hard. Especially, Q&A time was hard to me. If I practice to present a lot, I can do it well. But I can’t prepare exactly for the questions. I have to understand the questions and answer about the questions perfectly. To do like that. I have to prepare almost of questions that could be questioned, and practice continuously. In the future, there will be more presentation. It will be a good opportunity to upgrade my presentation skills.

In the afternoon, Second class’s subject was to make a back log about making the amazon internet shopping site. There are two ways of developing programs. Waterfall and Agile. Waterfall way is to dispose of matters in due order. Agile is to develop something in recycling way. So we choose agile way. And then made a back log. In this process, we realized to make a web site is not easy.

After class, at 6PM, we gathered to prepare for the hackathon and do homework about the agile. Agile is good way to conduct some projects. We apply this at our hackathon. So it is more clear than just speaking each other.

San Jose’s weather is very clear, strong sunlight, clear air and dry. I think it is the best place to dry laundry. Also it is best place to jog in the morning or evening. But in the daytime, it is too strong sunlight. So I had a badly tan. Sunblock is necessary for us.

Compare Korean foods with American’s, American foods are so salty and heavy to eat. I’m really missing Kimchi. There’re so many discomforts. For example, it is too far from here to get some place, or a weak water power, or no take off own shoes, or there’re not many kinds of foods or slower internet speed etc. So I realized that Korea is best place to live in if I have much money.

It passed a week already, but I have 2 weeks. Until back to Korea, I will learn as many as possible. I think it is very good opportunity for me never be again.

Thank you for PNU, and SW center’s members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018년 7월 14일

On the first Friday in San Jose we were all thrilled. This is because Friday is the day for field trips. We met at 9am and took a nice black ford bus. Everyone was excited about their first trip.

Our first stop was San Francisco's golden gate bridge. Today, the day was very cloudy and misty, so the upper part of the bridge did not seem to cover the mist. I was disappointed that I could not see the whole picture of the bridge clearly. But the appearance of the Golden Gate Bridge in fog was dreamy and mysterious. I thought this sight was also beautiful. We walked on the bridge together. It was good to see friends trying to take pictures of each other well. Every time the car passed, my legs were shaking and it was a bit scary. There were a lot of people crossing a bicycle. If I come again next time, I want to experience crossing a bridge on a bicycle in sunny weather.

The next place was pier 39. Here we were divided into two teams, one team ate seafood, and our team had a clam chowder. A clam chowder is a soup of American soup that has been cut into jars, pickled pork or bacon, onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Here in San Francisco, they dig inside the hard, soft sourdough bread and eat clam chowder. This sourdough bread is a specialty of San Francisco. It was also strange that the soup contained shellfish. The team who ate the seafood dishes was expensive, more than $40 per person, but the taste was very good. We also looked around sightseeing spots where various shops and rides were gathered. The most memorable was the sea lion. A couple of sea lions climbed on the deck and were soaking up the sunshine.

The last destination was Stanford University, located north of Silicon Valley. At the entrance to the school, the palm trees stretched for a long time, and the sun came out again, reflecting the warm sunshine. There were beautiful parks, sculptures and churches in the school, and the building itself was very pretty. I felt more like a museum than a school. The gift shop in the university sold souvenirs with Stanford symbols, wooden figures, and clothes with Stanford letters. Especially the clothes were so pretty than we thought, so we bought shirts and hoods with the letters "stanford engineering".

I looked out the window all the way back. The beautiful houses that can not be seen in San Jose are constantly connected. Having finished the first week happily, I think I will be able to study hard next week.

2018년 7월 16일

Last Friday, we came to the San Francisco to Field Trip. with Marianne in the morning class, last week's FieldTrip shared our thoughts on what was going on. The Golden Gate Bridge was difficult to see because of the fog, the large bridge gave us a feeling of grandeur. Some of us visited a place called Sausalito, where we shared our thoughts that riding in the park and Perry were good memories to remember. Then, the presentation was planned last Thursday. Jasmine and Aiden gave the presentation on Zigzag and Cowork, and the applications they introduced were very informative. Thank them for their preparation and effort. Then came a new task. The task is to investigate the words of sliding in Silicon Valley such as Unicorn and Startup. After a long time of classes in the morning, We were given a long lunch break because afternoon classes start at 6:30 instead of 2:00. We could have a leisurely lunch.class, which starts at 6:30, was experienced hackathon student who share his experiences, sharing his ideas, giving tips and learning how to shape the product. It was a short time, but it was a useful time to hear his efforts so far, many trial and error, and help with our upcoming hackathon schedule. class was over at 8:30, when the sun set. Unlike Korea, it has to be 8:30, so the day feels very long. We study English and computer every day and spend the rest of my time talking with other friends here or getting together in groups to prepare for Hackathon. Unlike Korea, it was very awkward at first with the length of the day, but we soon adapted ourselves to it. I'm looking forward to FieldTrip every Friday and Angel Hackathon next weekend.

2018년 7월 17일

As usual, I woke up at 7 AM and prepared to go to class. Minsik Choi made coffee to us and we went to class drinking coffee. In the morning class, we learned about the meaning of English words used in Silicon Valley. For example, Unicorn means a start-up but high value enterprise, and Jargon means a word for a specific field.

After that, we understood and presented a corporate culture as an infographic. I presented infographic for Google’s corporate culture. Google has a flat structure. Also, there is a doctor in the company, and brush is removed by goats to reduce fire hazard in fields. And There is a bike called Google Bike that they provided to move between buildings and buildings for free.

It was lunch time after the class. I went to the Student Union. I was worried about Panda Express, but I ate Chicken Bacon pizza and Breadstick at Bricks Pizza. Because many people recommended pizza. The American pizza is always salty I had ever eaten. But this pizza was not very salty and it was suited my taste. The breadstick was light. In the future, if I want to eat rice or meat, I should eat Panda Express, and when not, I should eat pizza. Because other foods are too salty.

In the afternoon class, we learned about cloud computing. It was not hard to understand the concept because I had heard many special lectures about cloud computing. After the explanation, a person Who was Simon’s student started a lecture on how to use Amazon Web Service. It was hard to understand because he spoke in Indian English, but I was able to learn the service clearly because he showed us how to use Amazon Web Service to teach us.

After 4:00 pm, we returned to the dormitory and took a rest until 6:30 pm. At 6:30 pm, we went to the hall to have a meal with professor Keunhyuk Yeom, head of the Software Central University project team. We headed for II fornaio, Italian restaurant, after we arrived, we met the professor Yeom and graduated senior. And we talked about our living in San Jose. A food came quickly because we ordered it before we had arrived. Our group ordered a steak, meatball tomato spaghetti and appetizer. the appetizer was very salty. But the spaghetti and steak were very delicious. After we ate dishes, We ate a gelato for dessert. I ate a chocolate gelato and expected special flavor. It was delicious But it was just chocolate gelato. :(

As we returned to the dormitory, we prepared hackathon. At 00:00 am, a professor Minuk Park came to our room and we talked a lot with some snacks. We talked about our hackathon and how to present well. At 1:00 am, We finished talking and the day.

2017년 07월 18일

Over half of the program was over. Unlike when I first came to school, I now go to school without a campus map. Starbucks is located on the way from the dormitory to the classroom so I always go to the classroom with coffee. Morning class is a class to create your own profile for employment in Silicon Valley with Professional Profile. Today I had time to write a cover letter for each company I wanted to write in the last class. The cover letter focuses on why people should be selected through the qualifications and qualifications of companies located in Silicon Valley. Of course, the broad knowledge of the major is also important, but I was able to find out what it takes to get a job. In the meantime I have never thought about what company I would like to enter, but as I came to know what I wanted to do through the program and what I needed to do to get a job, I went to Korea and learned what to do. In the afternoon class, I studied Clouding Computing and Big Data. It was good to be able to study more deeply by learning how to write what you actually heard about the name and concept in class and what you need. After the class ended, I went to the Grocery Store in the Japanese town and bought a variety of sushi and ate it as a dormitory. It was really good to be able to eat rice instead of fatty food like hamburger and pizza in the tide. After dinner, I decided to select a company located in Silicon Valley tomorrow to investigate the company's welfare and worker's review. I think I can get good results by preparing Hackerton as time goes by. I often come to the dormitory to share ideas and make one by one. Is not it a step closer to Silicon Valley employment through these good opportunities?

2018년 7월 19일

Today Class, Prof Marianne was specially in this morning.

Usually, Speaking and presentating English was our main topic in the classroom, but today we gave a presentation in the group study room of the library.

The weather was very clear, so it was good for outdoor classes.

In the last week that I saw the library, but just only outside, so this is the first time I went indoors and looked at the library. It was really interesting.

First of all, unlike the library of Busan University, magnificent facilities, convenient facilities, and symbolic objects that contain the meaning of the school itself were distributed in various places. It was more than a free atmosphere that we thought.

All the seats in the library had two plugs, and had about six elevators to take the escalator and the higher floor. The elevator is also spectacular to have a view outside San Jose. The most impressive part was the fact that there was a piano inside the library. we could have actually played the piano, and the manager explained it in detail. It was really nice.

After some degree of library tour, We went to the study room in groups of three and finished my presentation. Above all, it was a great time for us to explain the library in detail as if you were a local guide.

In afternoon prof. simon class, we learned about Machine Learning using tensorflow.

When I learned it in Korea, It was mainly theoretical, but it was also quite refreshing for us. It was really nice that try learning by adjusting simple example classify the blue and yellow dots on the website.

When the program is more than half past, I am realizing many things. Over the last two weeks, I've been getting a lot of feeling from the local people, having never felt in Korea. Though it was a short two weeks, I want to work harder for the remaining week and live a life without regret when I return to Korea.

첨부파일
첨부파일이(가) 없습니다.